We currently work with Primary and Secondary schools in York, North Yorkshire and East Riding to provide a service to some of their children who are struggling at school and have poor attendance, emotional issues and low self esteem.
We would welcome contact from any of the schools in the area who would like to use our services.
HOW IT WORKS
- A student is identified as possibly benefiting from the Trust
- The student comes to visit us
- We run an induction session to introduce ourselves and what we do
- There’s a settling in period while we and the student get to know each other – likes and dislikes, what the student is good at and what they are not so good at
- We design personal projects and tasks for the student, set targets, and identify the rewards that we’ll use
- We send daily and termly reports to the student’s school and maintain constant communication with them
We have a maximum of four students per day from 10am to 2pm. We have three instructors so maintain a good staff to student ratio. Most students come one day a week, but this is flexible based upon their needs and the needs of the school.